The Family Pierce

The Family Pierce

Sunday, July 26, 2015

And Then There Were 4

It seems as if we've always been a family of 4. Everything changed in one night but it seems as if we've been this way forever. Two girls and two guys. I love it so much. Finley came into this world so perfectly. On July 2nd, I started having contractions around 8:00 pm. I'd been having contractions for several days but nothing very consistent for a long period of time. These contractions were stronger. Abe was sleeping peacefully in his crib and I told Rhett that he should probably pack a bag. I was picking things up around the house because what else do you do while in labor!?!? I went back to the bedroom where Rhett was, what I would call, pacing. I've never seen him like this. He looked at me and said, "What should I wear?" This coming from a guy whose wardrobe consists of T-shirts and more T-shirts. He was anxious to say the least. Anxious-excited, I'd say. We decided to head to the hospital around 11:00. Lauren came over to get Abe and we were off. We checked into the hospital and they put us in a triage room. Where we stayed ALL NIGHT LONG. No window, no comfy chairs and definitely no bed for Rhett. Poor guy slept on the floor. My water broke around 6:00 AM and things went pretty smoothly from there. They moved us to a labor and delivery room at 8:00 and my contractions began to start up again. The doctor came by at 11:00 to check on things and my contractions got very strong. I got my epidural at 12:30 (PRAISE JESUS). Around 2:00 I told my mom that it was time, she got the nurse and the nurse smiled and said, "Yep, It's Time."  She went to get the doctor but it wasn't my turn. WHAT?!?  He was delivering another baby and I had to wait!!! Tell a momma with a baby on the way to wait and "don't  push!" Worst thing ever. I was so ready to meet Finley and pushing was the only thing I wanted to do. FORTY MINUTES later, Dr. Thompson was ready and I finally got to push. I pushed for 8 minutes with Rhett by my side. (Apparently I squeezed his arm a little too hard - POOR RHETT. At least he told me this later and not during labor. Good call babe.) 8 minutes, THAT'S IT! It was perfect. So incredibly perfect. At the very end, I just started laughing with joy, I knew I was so close to meeting Miss Finley I just couldn't keep it in. She was born at 2:41 pm. They cleaned her up a bit and put her right in my arms. It was the sweetest moment I've ever experienced. With Abe, we had to wait awhile while they helped him breathe and it was so hard. With Finley, they just put her right in my lap. She was the sweetest thing. With her full head of black hair just like her big brother. She was beautiful. 6 lbs 14 ounces, 19 inches long. She's a gift that sweet Finley Hope Pierce. May she always know Jesus as her anchor, her savior, her father. "This hope we have as an anchor for the soul, a hope both secure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil." Hebrews 6:19
















No comments:

Post a Comment