The Family Pierce

The Family Pierce

Friday, July 31, 2015

Sibling Love

I've never had a brother. I always wished I had one. It seemed like such a unique relationship that I wanted so badly. And now, to watch Abe and Finley together, I am certain that the brother/sister relationship is so special. I truly did not expect him to love her, or even to acknowledge her existence. He's only 15 months old. But man was I wrong. Every morning Abe wakes and goes directly to "Dah Dah's" rock n play looking for her. He brings her a paci when she's crying, tries to feed her a bottle when he's drinking his milk, is full of kisses for her (only her), and always wants to be in mom & dad's lap when they are holding Finn. Don't get me wrong, I spend most of my day "protecting" Finley from Abe's "love."  Just the other day I caught him trying to feed her mangos while using her belly as his drum pad. She'll survive right?? We can only hope that they will learn great things from one another. Thank you Jesus for our two and the unique friendship they seem to have already started.







Finley isn't so sure, but Abe? Oh my. Instant joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment