The Family Pierce

The Family Pierce

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I hate when Summer ends.

Everyday I'm amazed and so thankful that the Lord's plan is far better than what we could hope or imagine. I love the life the Lord has given us. Waking up in the woods with a short walk to camp, is just one of the many blessings I'm thankful for every day. We spent most of our summer down at camp helping Rhett work or watching camp happen (I bet he was SO  thankful for our "help".)  I loved having a small group in our home and truly enjoyed our Monday night SAL nights (we ate ice cream and french fries almost every week- a perfect combination if you ask me!). I hate when summer ends, I really do. Yes, it's so nice to have a normal schedule again and to have Rhett home in the evenings, but I get sad every summer. The campers leave, the staff go home and to me it feels empty, as if something is missing. I love summer. I was made for summer. (Until winter comes, and then I'll tell you that I was made for winter.) So for now, I thank the Lord for summer and that he allows us to live in serve in such an incredible way. Goodbye summer. 
 Block Party! One of my favorite nights of staff training! 
 Post Bath Abe :) 
 End of Summer Banquet. This is another one of my favorite nights celebrating all that the Lord has done in the lives of the staff..
A very fun 4th of July.

 Sock Hop anyone!?
 Rhett and I snuck away for a night with the Royals. Big thanks to Nonni for keeping Abe on his first slumber party. 
 Catching up with these highschool friends was definitely a highlight of the summer. 
A night at Wicked. Love wicked. Love these girls even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment